Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17/08, Day 1 of Telluride

6/17/08, Reporting from Super 8 Motel in Flagstaff, AZ. Typed straight from our band tour journal:

9:35AM - We woke up at 7 and are now on our way, after a groggy couple of hours.














My parents stocked us up with goodies galore and I stocked myself with a fruit smoothie. Mmm... good to go! Mack just put $80 dollars in the tank. Gas is crazy. We couldn't have afforded the trip without all the wonderful support of our friends and beneficiaries. Thank you! We perform in Telluride in 3 days. I am so nervous! As much as I know that winning isn't everything, I really hope to win. It would be amazing, standing on stage, in the beautiful Colorado mountains as everyone cheers us on... We just got on the 8 East, and as Mack exclaimed, 'So it begins!!!' I'll make Joseph write later.
Much love,
Kelsea Rae Little, road-tripper extraordinaire

11:50AM - Yuma, AZ

111 degrees Faren-fucking-heit
Gas is $4.06
- Mack, overheated, long hair

12:16PM - Yuma, AZ, 112 degrees
We stopped at a Chevron/Jack in the Box, parallel to which was a gorgeous flower field. It smelled like lavender but I'm not sure. I honestly couldn't help but indulge in a good old-fashioned frolic. The wind moved the tops like a purple ocean and it was so delicate and beautiful. I tried to get the boys to come in, to no avail. Waist deep in the center, I sat down and found myself eye-to-eye with a perfectly red ladybug. What an amazing home it has! Never thought I'd say that about Arizona. It is kind of cool, with all the rocks about. I feel like I'm in the 19th century, drilling oil. (I drink your milkshake! [Hi Ben.])

I get to drive once we hit Phoenix, gotta rest up!
Cooling in the car,
KRL

Joe only has one Bob Marley song on his iPod. Forshame.
- Man Bun (Mack)

6:47PM
We (I) drove all the way through Sedona, behind an extremely slow fire truck to find that Slide Rock actually closes at 6, not 8. We weren't too disappointed. How could we be? Sedona is the land of red rocks and mountains and it was beyond majestic. I cannot describe how hugely breathtaking the formations are. Right now we are driving through the heavily forested mountains, with the light fading and we are listening to 'Spectacular Views'. Jenny Lewis says it all. It's so fucking beautiful! Everything is.
At peace,
Kels















And now a haiku.

We, The Wrong Trousers
survived the first day on tour.
The adventure starts.
-Joseph

1 comment:

Adam T. Burch said...

I've read your entire blog, I've never seen a publication more packed with deceit and tomfoolery. Keep up the good work.